Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dust in the Wind


Yesterday, we were on our way back home from a day at my husband's parents' house. We were doing our typical debrief session (do you do that on your way home, too?) and I told my hubby that I observed how his mom is always looking for something to do in order to maintain their home. She rarely sits down to watch television or surf the net. Here what our debrief looked sounded like:

A: Your mom mentioned that she vacuumed and dusted before she came to our house on Tuesday, just because she had a few extra minutes. I wish we were more like that.

B: Yeah, me too.

A: She's so lucky she didn't grow up in the internet generation. She doesn't know all the things she's missing online.

B: That's true [laughter]. I wish we did more of that kind of cleaning on a regular basis, too. We never dust and we rarely vacuum. I've never dusted since moving in to our house.

A: I dust all the time.

B: Oh, you do?

A: Yes.

B: I was wondering why it wasn't more dusty. Thanks for doing that!

We both laughed. At least he's grateful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment